Did you know there is actually a science to making meditation a lasting habit? A lot of people struggle to be consistent with meditation. And that’s understandable, because meditation can be challenging.
But we can actually make it easier on ourselves. One way to do that is to learn the science of habit formation. It’s not as hard as you may think. You just need to learn how to hack into your habit loops. That’s something that just about anyone can do.
Over the last 6 months or so, I’ve been able to harness something called the habit loop to help me lose 15 pounds and develop a whole array of new healthy habits that have changed my life.
In this episode of The OneMind Podcast, I break it all down for you and let you know how I did it, because there’s a real science to it. And meditation has played a key role in all of it by serving as a keystone habit.
I explain more about keystone habits—and a powerful concept called habit stacking—in the show. I also show you how to use the same step-by-step process I used to build new habits and ultimately change your life.
If you are someone who finds change difficult and if you’ve struggled to get your meditation practice off the ground, then this episode will give you valuable tools to make lasting change.
In this episode of the OneMind Podcast, I cover:
- The science of habit formation
- How to harness your habit loops to make meditation a habit
- Why so many people fail to make meditation a habit
- The definition of habit stacking and keystone habits and how to use them
- My own successful experiments in habit formation
- A simple step-by-step process for how to make meditation a lasting habit
- Different resources you can use to make meditation a habit
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
How to Break Habits: Charles Duhigg
- Habit Study from University College London
- OM 006: Build Confidence and Healthy Habits Through Mindfulness with Author Barrie Davenport
- Read: 5 Simple Steps To Create A Meditation Habit That Sticks
- Read: The Surprising Statistics Behind Creating A New Meditation Habit
- Read: The One Thing You Must Do To Make Meditation A Habit
Learn meditation in 5 easy lessons with our FREE How To Meditate Mini Course.