What is the relationship between menopause and meditation? Can meditation help during this significant life transition? According to holistic health coach Katherine Miller, yes it can.
Meditation And Menopause
Katherine Miller is a holistic health coach and former meditation teacher and yoga instructor. Recently, she finished hosting a successful global tele-summit called Menopause Is A Trip.
Katherine is a long-time meditator and spent two decades doing intensive spiritual practice in a spiritual ashram before starting her own holistic health business.
In this episode of The OneMind Podcast, she discusses why and how meditation is such an important tool for women going through menopause.
So why is Katherine focusing on menopause? In her own words:
Because too many women are looking for answers and not finding them!
Menopause is just as important a transition in a woman’s life as puberty or childbirth. It’s a time of enormous transformation, personal growth and reinvention.
So why is the experience of menopause so often awful? Because we come to menopause unprepared, unsuspecting, and at a disadvantage.
In the last 60 years our world has changed enormously – we eat processed foods, take antibiotics, live a 24/7 high tech lifestyle, work full time in sedentary jobs, use hormonal contraception, and are exposed to more chemicals in a day than previously known to man.
All these things have made our lives easier in many ways, but they have also compromised our health without us even realizing it.
Katherine believes that meditation is one of the most important tools for women to manage these changes and nurture their health and wellbeing through menopause and beyond.
In this episode, Katherine and I discuss meditation and menopause and explore:
- How decreasing estrogen levels increases women’s confidence
- How, after decades of intensive meditation, Katherine uses meditation to listen and tune in to the wisdom of her body
- Why she thinks of menopause in terms of the seasons of our lives
- Meditation brings awareness and consciousness to what your system needs
- Why it’s important to go inward during this time and how meditation is a perfect tool to do that.
- The mindfulness exercises and techniques that Katherine teaches to professionals to support this life transition and increase resilience
- How a few minutes of meditation a day can reverse the negative effects of stress
Connect with Katherine at her website: MBodied
Learn about: Katherine’s Menopause Is A Trip Tele-Summit
Check out: Katherine’s Coaching
Get: Katherine’s Cleanses
Get: 7-Day Map for Hormonal Happiness (Free)
Read: The Confidence Gap from The Atlantic