Welcome to the About Meditation website, owned by Harmonious Holdings, LLC doing business as About Meditation (“About Meditation”) and located at http://aboutmeditation.com/ (the “Site”). The Site gives users the ability to view and post wellness content, post comments and other content, and to purchase access to online courses on a variety of topics related to meditation and certain products and services. The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern your use of this Site. By accessing, viewing, or using the content, material, or services available on or through this Site, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older, that you have read and understand these Terms, and that you agree to them and intend to be legally bound by them. If you do not agree to these Terms, or if you are under 18 years of age, you are not granted permission to use this Site and must exit immediately.
The Site and the Site Materials (defined in Section 3, below) are for informational purposes only. Without limiting anything else in these Terms or otherwise, About Meditation is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the Site or Site Materials. The Site is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical, career, financial, or other advice, and About Meditation no way represents or warrants that the Site provides any such advice or assurances. Before participating in any activity, program, online course or otherwise using any of the services, product or data obtained through the Site, you should consult with a physician or other healthcare provider. If you experience any discomfort or pain during any online course or other activity through this Site, you must immediately cease the activity and seek the assistance of a physician. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with use of the Site.
- Some products or services on the Site may be available for purchase. By purchasing products or services made available through the Site, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older. About Meditation uses a third party payment processor to process credit card transaction made through the Site. If you purchase products or services from About Meditation or make any payments via the Site with your credit card, the credit card information that you submit to About Meditation will be protected by encryption, such as with the Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) protocol. Encryption decreases the likelihood that your credit card information will be stolen or intercepted during transmission to About Meditation. You are responsible for all charges incurred under your account, whether made by you or another person using your account. If for any reason About Meditation does not receive payment for a purchase, About Meditation may exercise its rights in law and equity, including (a) immediately suspending or terminating your account; (b) seeking collection of the outstanding amount owed; and/or (c) seeking legal action against you for the breach of these Terms. You are also responsible for paying any taxes imposed in connection with use of the Site or the purchase or any products or services made available through the Site, including sales, use, and excise taxes (excluding only taxes on About Meditation’s net income). To the extent that About Meditation is obligated to collect such taxes, the applicable tax will be added to your billing account.
- Proprietary Rights. As between you and About Meditation, About Meditation owns or licenses all data, content, graphics, forms, artwork, images, photographs, functional components and any software concepts and documentation and other material on, in or made available through the Site (“Site Materials”), as well as the selection, coordination, arrangement, and organization and enhancement of the Site Materials. All Site Materials are protected pursuant to copyright, trademark, patent, and other applicable laws. You agree not to remove or alter any copyright notice or any other proprietary notice on any Site Materials. As between any user and About Meditation, all names, trademarks, service marks, certification marks, symbols, slogans or logos appearing on the Site are proprietary to About Meditation or its affiliates, licensors, or suppliers. Use or misuse of these trademarks is expressly prohibited and may violate federal and state trademark law. Under no circumstances will you have any rights of any kind in or to the Site Materials, other than the right to use the Site Materials in accordance with these Terms.
User Content. Certain features of the Site may allow you to contribute comments, feedback, information, content, text, files, graphics, postings, and other materials and information for access, use, viewing and commentary by other users to the Site (“User Content”). Opinions and other statements expressed by users and third are theirs alone, not opinions of About Meditation. Before submitting material to the Site, About Meditation encourages you to review the submission guidelines available on the Site here (http://aboutmeditation.com/contribute/). By contributing User Content, you represent that you have the full legal right to provide the User Content and that use of the User Content by the Site and all other persons and entities will not: (a) infringe any intellectual property rights of any person or entity or any rights of publicity, personality, or privacy of any person or entity, including as a result of your failure to obtain consent to post personally identifying or otherwise private information about a person; (b) violate any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or agreement; (c) be defamatory, libelous or trade libelous, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing; (d) impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise imply an affiliate with a person or entity or is generally false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful or misinformative; (e) be obscene, pornographic, or indecent; (f) violate any community or Internet standard; (g) constitute misappropriation of any trade secret or know-how; or (h) constitute disclosure of any confidential information owned by any third party.
You retain all right, title and interest in and to the User Content that you submit and all intellectual property rights embodied therein. Upon your submission of User Content or other material or information to About Meditation, you hereby grant About Meditation a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, license to access, use, distribute, reproduce, display, modify, create derivative works based upon, and sublicense, the User Content, all without any compensation to you whatsoever. If you believe that any content or postings on the Site or the Application violate your intellectual property or other rights, please follow our Complaint Procedure in Section 10 of these Terms.
- Unauthorized Activities. You agree that you will not use the Site for: (a) any illegal or unauthorized purposes that violate any local, national, or international laws (including import, export, copyright, and trademark laws); (b) modifying, copying, distributing, displaying, performing, reproducing, publishing, licensing, creating derivative works from, transferring, selling any of the Site Materials; (c) attempting to gain unauthorized access to About Meditation’s computer system or engaging in any activity that interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of the Site or any products or services provided through the Site; (d) any resale or commercial use of the Site; (e) any downloading or copying of the Site Materials for any reason, or any use of data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tools; (f) using the Site to access or collect any personally identifiable information, including any names, email addresses or other such information for any purpose, including commercial purposes; or (g) removing, circumventing, disabling, damaging or otherwise interfering in any way with any security-related features of the Site aimed at preventing or restricting the unauthorized use of the Site or any of the Site Materials. You may use the Site and the Site Materials only as consistent with these Terms. Any other use of the Site or Site Materials, including to the aforementioned unauthorized uses, without prior written permission of About Meditation is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge and agree that the unauthorized use of the Site or the Site Materials could cause irreparable harm to About Meditation and that, in the event of such unauthorized use, About Meditation shall be entitled to an injunction in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity.
- Third Party Websites and Content. The Site may contain links to other Internet websites for the convenience of users in locating information, products, or services that may be of interest. The Site may also incorporate features and services provided by third parties, such as payment processing. Use of such third party links, features, and services, the Site and the Site Materials, and any other material or content on and made available through the Site is entirely at your own risk. About Meditation does not recommend and expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the accuracy of the information, or quality of products or services provided by or advertised on third party websites or the transactions you conduct or enter into with third parties. Your use of any third party websites is at your own risk, and subject to the terms and conditions of such other websites – including the terms and conditions of About Meditation’s third party payment processors. About Meditation does not endorse any product, service, or treatment provided on a third party website or advertised or provided on the Site.
- Disclaimer: The Site, Site Materials and User Content are for informational purposes only. Without limiting anything else in these Terms or otherwise, About Meditation is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the Site, Site Materials or User Content. About Meditation, and its affiliates, are not responsible for and do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any Site Materials, User Content, products, data, services, links, advertisements or other items contained within the Site. About Meditation reserves the right to immediately remove any Site Materials or User Content for any reason, or for no reason. About Meditation cannot and does not review all communications, products, or services made available on or through the Site, but, although not obligated to, may review, verify, make changes to or remove any Site Materials, User Content, or the products or services made available in connection with the Site, including User Content and other information submitted in connection with the Site Materials or other features at any time, with or without notice in its sole discretion. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of Site Materials and that you may not rely on such Site Materials.
THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS, USER CONTENT, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, INFORMATION AND OTHER MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE ARE MADE AVAILABLE “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS.” USE OF THE SITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. ABOUT MEDITATION AND ITS LICENSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, AND DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS, USER CONTENT, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DATA AND OTHER MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL, ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, SYSTEMS INTEGRATION, NON-INTERFERENCE, QUALITY, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF implied warranties, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND EFFORT WITH REGARD TO ANY AND ALL THE SITE MATERIALS, THE SITE, USER CONTENT, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DATA AND OTHER MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, IS WITH YOU.
- LIMITATION of Liability. ABOUT MEDITATION AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, EXTRA-CONTRACTUAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING LOST REVENUES OR LOST PROFITS, WHICH MAY OR DOES RESULT FROM THE USE OF, ACCESS TO, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS, USER CONTENT, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DATA AND OTHER MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT YOU OR ABOUT MEDITATION HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OR PROBABILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF THE REMEDIES OTHERWISE AVAILABLE FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF ABOUT MEDITATION AND ITS LICENSORS TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY IN CONNECTION WITH, BASED UPON, OR ARISING FROM THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS, USER CONTENT, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DATA OR OTHER MATERIALS OFFERED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH EXCEED THE PRICE YOU PAID FOR THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF THE CLAIM. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF ABOUT MEDITATION AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10). If you are dissatisfied with the Site or with any of these Terms, or feel About Meditation has breached these Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
- You shall indemnify About Meditation and its directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, customers, clients and licensors (“About Meditation Indemnitees”) against all claims, actions, suits, and other proceedings (“Claims”) arising out of or incurred in connection with the Site and your use of the Site, the Site Materials or any services, product or data obtained through the Site, your fraud, violation of law, negligence, willful misconduct, or any other use of the Site, Site Materials, User Content, services, products, information and other materials on, in and made available through the Site, except to the extent attributable to About Meditation, or any breach by you of these Terms and shall indemnify and hold About Meditation Indemnitees harmless from and against all judgments, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and attorneys’ disbursements) arising out of or incurred in connection with such Claims. You may not settle any Claim without the prior written consent of About Meditation. About Meditation or its licensors may assume the defense of any Claim, at your sole cost and expense, and you shall cooperate in all reasonable respects in such defense. You shall have the right to employ separate counsel in any Claim and to participate in the defense thereof. If About Meditation or its licensors do not notify you that it elects to undertake the defense thereof, you shall have the right to defend the Claim with counsel reasonably acceptable to About Meditation, subject to the right of About Meditation to assume, at their sole cost and expense, the defense of any Claim at any time prior to the settlement or final determination thereof.
- Internet Security. About Meditation uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is generally available. However, there will be occasions when access to the Site will be interrupted or unavailable. You agree that About Meditation shall not be liable for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of any Site content may be transferred unencrypted and involve: (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Please be advised that we do not guarantee that any information sent from our Site will be secure during transmission, nor can we guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to About Meditation via the Site or the Internet, including, for example, personal information such as your name or address.
- Complaint Procedure If you believe that any content or postings on this Site violates your intellectual property or other rights, please notify About Meditation by email at email@example.com with a comprehensive detailed message setting forth the following information: (a) your name and the name of your company, if any; (b) your contact information, including your email address; (c) the nature and substance of your complaint, the specific rights at issue, and your basis for making the complaint, including the content or posting that is objectionable; and (d) the following statement: “The statements, representations, and assertions made in this message are true, complete, and accurate and I have the full legal authority to make each and every such statement, representation, and assertion and to make and be granted any demand made in this message.”
- Changes to these Terms; Termination. About Meditation reserves the right at any time to modify, alter or update these Terms. Your use of the Site following any changes means that you agree to follow and be bound by the terms as changed. Any change to these Terms shall be effective as to any visitor who has visited the Site before the change was made. It is the obligation of users visiting the Site before the change to learn of changes to the Terms since their last visit. About Meditation may suspend or terminate your account and/or your ability to use the Site, or any services on the Site, for failure to comply with these Terms, for providing About Meditation with untrue or inaccurate information about yourself, for infringement upon About Meditation proprietary rights, or for any other reason whatsoever or for no reason.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms represent the entire agreement between you and About Meditation with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede any and all prior and contemporaneous written and oral representations, understandings, and agreements, express and implied, and will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without reference to its conflict of law rules. Any controversy, or claim arising out of, or related to these Terms, or breach thereof, shall be settled by mandatory arbitration, to be held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in accordance with the rules of the JAMS Arbitration Association and the decision of the arbitrator(s) shall be binding on the parties thereto.
- The Site is controlled and operated from within the United States. Without limiting anything else, About Meditation makes no representation that the Site, Site Materials, services, products, information or other materials available on, in, or through the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where they are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own volition and are fully responsible for compliance with applicable laws. The waiver or failure of About Meditation to exercise in any respect any right provided hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver of such right in the future or a waiver of any of other rights established under these Terms. Headings used in these Terms are for reference only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms. No person or entity not party to this agreement will be deemed to be a third party beneficiary of these Terms or any provision hereof. When used herein, the words “includes” and “including” and their syntactical variations shall be deemed followed by the words “without limitation.”
Dated:January 18, 2016
Copyright © 2016 About Meditation, Inc.; All rights reserved.